WELCOME TO THE WORLD WHERE IMAGINATIONS COME TRUE

THIS IS WHAT YOUR WORLD.. YOUR IMAGINATIONS... YOUR IDEAS.... YOUR DREAMS..

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Chemical Engineers' challenges


Balancing governmental protection of our environment with protection of industries that contribute to our economy

Well, I haven’t known about any issues that are related to this balance. But maybe, if I am allowed to say, there is a big problem about the global warming issues related to the production of CO2 as a greenhouse gas by our industries.
The demand of the people and also the economic growth rate is very dependent on this emission. Less emission means slower economic growth. But look, we have only one earth, if we force our earth too much, we will no longer have our earth. This will be a big destruction to our race, because we were too greedy in increasing our economic. But, we are humans, who have been given by God a very great gift, our brain. Thus, there are not any problems we cannot solve. The recent news is about the economic and environment can walk together side by side. To be able to achieve this or to implement this to all over the world, we need innovations and pioneers. And young people like me could study hard then I will someday find the innovation that is needed for human sake, and beside that I can encourage other people to give their contributions, whatever they are, for the sake of our earth.

The ethical responsibilities that I think engineer should have if his/her company is violating the environmental standards.

Well, first of all I have to analyze what is the cause of the violation to be happened. If it was the technical problems, then before the plant is built, we have to find where the problem is and fix it. But if the situation is about optimizing the profit by reducing the cost for environmental protection, then I will warn my company about what they do, and if it didn’t work I will tell the authorities about this, even if I will be fired because of this. But, I am sure that if I can explain clearly what is the impact of this violation toward the society and the environment to all people in my company, I am sure that I can make a difference and make them rethink about what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to comment, please give comment toward positive things, discussions are open, express yourself, no Racist, appreciate everyone the same way as you appreciate yourself