WELCOME TO THE WORLD WHERE IMAGINATIONS COME TRUE

THIS IS WHAT YOUR WORLD.. YOUR IMAGINATIONS... YOUR IDEAS.... YOUR DREAMS..

Friday, November 23, 2012

It's about working

BSEP,, Post 2 contribute, 2 inspire, & 2b inSpired

Now, it has been 3 months for me working in a big multi-national company. I want to share my experience working here based on my point of view. Other people may have different view, but you can use this for at least have a picture of how the working environment i have here. Well let me tell the bad thing first, You cannot expect to have a social life like you were in high school, or at university.
When you first come to the company, everybody wants to know who you are. In my first day, Mr X greeted us new comers, 5 fresh graduates. I together with my friends were introduced to almost all people on the same floor. Of course i couldn't remember all of them one by one. And after that, my friends and I were having chit chat with people from my department. The situation was very relaxed, and it seems that everything is not so much different with life at university. For several days, seniors at my department, who were previously my seniors at my university -__-, (hehe the world is narrow yeah), accompanied us together when it came to lunch time. They showed us some places with good taste and good price :). At that time i thought it would continue to be like that, i mean my future day by day will be spent together with them, to be friends with them.. hehehe... But i was surprised that after several days, they just left us. I wonder why? I dont know what other people feel, but for me personally, what they were doing is not nice at all. Well, after several days confirming that they certainly will not invite us to eat together anymore, I decided that they are not someone who i can be friends with. I considered them just as my colleague. I started to make friends with other people. This time, some people probably wanted to add a friend and fortunately i was invited to be their friends. These some people more or less at my age, so we are better connected. We communicate with each other through the internet by making something like mailing list, make some jokes together, eat lunch together, and even we prepare to have a vacation together. But as soon as jobs coming, everyone started to get busy and busier. But in my position as a new comer, i was told that for the first 3 months is my time to settle up with the working environment and my training time. So i haven't been given any jobs to do. Practically i am 'free'. When other are getting busier and you are not, it doesn't feel good at all. I wanted to be busy too T-T. Why? Because day by day, everybody is getting busier with their computer and it made me feel that if i want to go and have some jokes or just chit chat with them, i felt i will just be a disturbance for them. So what i did, was just coming to my close friends Galuh and Aninda, my best friends since university, whom i know, it doesn't matter how busy they are, they will have time to make some stupid jokes with me and discuss anything with me, even just for 2 minutes or so. Well, you may think that i can socialize during lunch time or when its time to go home. But the case is different here in Jakarta. At lunch some people already have their own circles, like me having my own circles with other new comers. So, the things that is exactly happening is its very difficult to enter another circle to expand your friendships with people who are already 'seniors'. And at 5/6pm almost everyone wants to go home as soon as possible because they were already tired and want to go home, or maybe their home are far so they need to catch the train, or maybe they want to avoid traffic jam.. The good thing is This is a job which i really really like. I like something which is not monotonic. Of course the working environment probably be monotonic, you go to the office from 8-5 or 9-6. But the job you are doing is evolving, more and more challenging day by day, and since the nature of the job is project based, you will have different challenges in different projects. Cool! And beside that, i got a very very expensive training here if i had to pay it myself, hehe. I received flow assurance training, directly from my technical advisor, privately done, i could ask anything i want to know, and i am being paid too every month, hehe. Wow, you are given expensive training without having to pay and you are being paid for studying :) Oh yeah, other good things are, i get many facilities from the companies, such as telephone, i can call anywhere free! I can have cups of coffee, tea, milk, as many as i want, free, i was given health insurance that have big sum of money, so i dont need to be worried if i get sick because everything is covered by the insurance.. So thats all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to comment, please give comment toward positive things, discussions are open, express yourself, no Racist, appreciate everyone the same way as you appreciate yourself