WELCOME TO THE WORLD WHERE IMAGINATIONS COME TRUE

THIS IS WHAT YOUR WORLD.. YOUR IMAGINATIONS... YOUR IDEAS.... YOUR DREAMS..

Friday, November 9, 2012

A new world

BSEP,, Post 2 contribute, 2 inspire, & 2b inSpired

Well, i am 22 years old now. I have left my university for almost 5 months and sailed to a really new world. Well, frankly speaking probably i am not going to a new world but i am coming back to reality, something which is a bit terrifying but challenging. When i was graduated from my university, there were some situations that i had to face.
First, I got a scholarship for an Erasmus Mundus program. The scholarship was provided by the consortium though, not from the erasmus mundus committee. The program name was Euroaquae. The scholarship that i got was not a full scholarship. It covers almost all the tuition fee and cover full course expenses. It summed up to be 30000 euros for 2 years of study. But i still have to provide some money to pay my living cost there. Hmmm... I searched additional scholarships, here and there, but yeah, it wasnt my way to go to Europe. I didnt get any scholarship until my final examination for graduation coming. Hufft... Well, so after i positively couldnt go to europe, i decided to first focus to graduate, and my plan suddenly changed to look for a job. Hmmm... there was a job fair in May 2012 at my university but unfortunately i couldnt come because i was sick that time, and i was not very excited applying any jobs because i am not really confident with my GPA. Yeah, my Chemical Engineering friends have GPA like more than 3.5 and me... hmmm at that time my GPA was only 3.19, thats before graduation. I hoped that i will graduate with GPA more than 3.2 so i could get back my confidence in applying for jobs. Well at teh end, i came at the closing of the job fair, and i could only apply for APRIL and i was automatically not qualified because of my GPA. Then, everything went so fast and it was only one week left before the final graduation examination. Suddenly my studygroup friend, Febry and Anin talked about a company named SAIPEM. they said it was an EPC company, its Engineering Procurement and Construction company. They said that if you want to work in a company where you can really apply what you have learned in your university then going to an EPC company is the best choice. Well at that time my dream was to work in United Nations, especially in environmenttaly related jobs, but yeah i haven't applied any jobs beside stupid APRIL so i decided to apply for SAIPEM in the night. Ugh, you know, that night was the latest possible time you could apply for the job. And you know the outcome? I was accepted as a junior process engineer. I am sorry i couldnt explain the recruitment process because i am afraid i will violate company working ethics. hehehe. *sorry. And wow wow wow, i am accepted, yeah. You know, before i was accepted in this company i was really really worried about what i was going to do next. What made me worried was actually the pressure i got after i graduate from my reputable university, Bandung Institute Of Technology. People around me, especially my family and of course my childhood and high school friends were of course expecting alot. But thats good thats felt really good on me. That kind of pressure kept me motivated, because i was just simply felt that i was special. So, its good. My time at university was very different with my time now. People who were not close friends when we were still in the same university now become close friends. People who i dont know before even though we are in the same university, now i know them. Well, the difference is these people were not as serious as whom i expected from people from ITB. Once i thought that i will never ever ever ever get married with someone from ITB, because people from ITB are simply just too serious. But i realize now that they were like that because of the environment at ITB, actually they are not that bad.. hahahaha... Its enough for now, i want to post more and more but i dont have yet internet so i could only post this now.. hehehehe.. C U

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to comment, please give comment toward positive things, discussions are open, express yourself, no Racist, appreciate everyone the same way as you appreciate yourself