WELCOME TO THE WORLD WHERE IMAGINATIONS COME TRUE

THIS IS WHAT YOUR WORLD.. YOUR IMAGINATIONS... YOUR IDEAS.... YOUR DREAMS..

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Aminef Global Ugrad

BSEP,, Post 2 contribute, 2 inspire, & 2b inSpired

Well, previously i applied for AMINEF Global Ugrade Program, and Alhamdulillah, fortunately my application was considered for me to have an interview, and i have been interviewed.
I would like to share my personal statement here, maybe it can be used as an example, if you want to apply in the same program.



My name is Tika. I am the first child in my family. Since elementary school, I used to live far from my mother because she had to study and work abroad. Technology keeps my mother and me close to each other even though we were separated by long distance. Since my childhood time, I have been an active, brave, always wanted to know, willing to learn, like to compete, and not easily to give up girl.

Now, I am an undergraduate student (5th semester) in Chemical Engineering Department, Bandung Institute of Technology. I have some activities in Units (student associations with same interest), HIMATEK (Chemical Engineering Student Association), and outside campus. Units that I have joined are football and futsal unit (PS ITB), diving club (Nautica ITB), military unit (Batalyon I/ITB). In HIMATEK, I enjoy joining futsal and basketball team, being a volunteer in environmental acitivities, being committee for HIMATEK events especially involved in financial division. From these activities I got lots of experiences and non-academic achievements. Outside campus, I have a side job as a private teacher for secondary school students in a private course.

Being a Chemical Engineering student was my decision. Here, I want to learn everything about industry. I want to master chemical engineering concepts and understand how business is practiced in many industries. In the future, I want to improve industrial sector in Indonesia based on the concept of sustainable development where environmental protection and economic growth can go hand in hand.

My dream is to become the Industrial minister of Indonesia. To achieve my dream, I must have excellent quality in leadership, engineering, and business. In order to boost my quality in these 3 categories, I want to be one of the 2011 Global UGRAD scholars. By becoming scholar, I expect to:
1. be able to communicate fluently in English
2. experience campus life in USA (academic and non academic) where I can learn to interact and build relationship with international communities
3. have an internship in oil and gas or other chemical company because my study is mostly related to oil, gas and chemicals.
4. build international networks with students, professors, and entrepreneurs
5. be more mature in taking decisions as well as managing time
Finally, I understand that there are many great Indonesian students who are interested in this program. Whoever chosen to be exchanged, I believe they will get benefits for themselves and of course for Indonesia.

11 comments:

  1. kepada mbak Indah Kartika:
    Sebelumnya saya mita ijin untuk menjadikan tulisan mbak ini sebagai acuan untuk menulis personal statement saya buat ikut program UGRAD 2012.. Dan saya mengucapkan terimakasih banyak apabila diijinkan....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mbak bisa ceritakan pengalamannya saat wawancara untuk program UGRAD ini?
    Kebetulan saya juga dari ITB dan sudah apply untuk program ini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pengumuman siapa yg lolos interview itu berapa lama setelah deadline aplikasinya? Lalu berangkatnya pada bulan apa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do your best aja buat interview, musti persiapan.
    Pengumuman lolos interview akhir tahun

    ReplyDelete
  5. mau tanya untuk pengumuman lulus seleksi berkas itu kapan? dan diumumkan lewat apa? terima kasih

    ReplyDelete
  6. kak Indah, aku menemukan ini,,... alhamdulillah.. sy lagi bingung bikin personal statement, nah ini aku mau bikin contoh...
    terimakasih kak indah.. wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kak indah.. aku menemukan ini... alhamdulillah sy lagi bingung bikin personal statement....
    sy buat ini contoh ya kak.. treima kasih
    best luck for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all, good luck for you too, we have our own luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hallo mbak, salam kenal. saya wardah dari ugm.
    mbak indah punya temen yang lolos ugrad tapi ambil jurusan linguistik(ilmu bahasa) gak?
    boleh minta kenalkan mbak? terima kasih

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ada, namanya Nanak.
      Add fb Aku aja, cari di friend list, namanya Nanak van persie

      Delete

If you want to comment, please give comment toward positive things, discussions are open, express yourself, no Racist, appreciate everyone the same way as you appreciate yourself